STRAVA Summary

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of the Year

So 2008 is drawing to a close and tomorrow it will be 2009. As I look back on the past year, I look back on a year that was filled with success. I have continued improving on various fronts, as I have for each year that I have run. Hopefully this will continue in 2009, although as I get older I am sure that one year the improvements will disappear. As it is though, I still feel good and adding different goals other than PB's seems to help keep the interest at a peak. Another thing that keeps the interest going is the potential to travel. Each year I look at races all over, mostly in the US, and this list of places I want to race/visit seems to get longer.
2008 saw me eclipse the 3 hour marathon mark for the first time in Indianapolis, so that will always be a memorable race, but it was a great event regardless of how I did. I also ran 4 marathons this year, another first. Throw into that mix 4 50k ultras (Including the insane Jay Marathon), and my first 50 mile race (JFK)I would say it has been a very successful year. In total I have run 3220 km's and run for 261.5 hours. More distance than I have ever done in one year. I think I have gotten by rather well with only a few minor injuries etc. so hopefully that will continue.
So what does 2009 hold for me? A lot of uncertainty. I have toyed with the idea of doing a hundred miler, although I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I hope to try at least another 50 miler this year, more trail runs/races, more travelling, more marathons, maybe more PB's. It would be nice to do another race like Jay again, that was a blast. Maybe Dances with Dirt.
Anyway, hope anyone who might read this has a great and happy new year. Happy trails!

No comments: